1876 - 1967
||Riley Robert GARRISON |
||20 Oct 1876
||, Scotland, Missouri, United States
||14 Jun 1880
||Bible Grove, Scotland, Missouri, United States 
|1880 US Federal |
- in the Lewis Garrison household. Enumerated were Lewis Garrison 33 farming KY-KY-VA ; Nancy J. 30 Keeping house IN-IN-IN; James W. 7MO-KY-IN; Robbert 4 MO-KY-IN.
||9 Nov 1900
||Canby, Yellow Medicine, Minnesota, United States
- according to a letter written to Frank Randall regarding Roy McKinney
||13 May 1910
||Altamont, Deuel, South Dakota, United States
|1910 US Federal |
- in the Charles A Logan household. Enumerated as ROBERT GARRETSON hired man male white (age is blank) single (birth nativity is blank all 3 columns) Laborer Odd jobs
||, , South Dakota, United States 
|1915 South Dakota State |
- Name: Robert Garrison
Estimated Birth Year: 1876
Marital Status: Single
Wife's Maiden Name:
Residence: South Dakota, United States / Years in State: 10 / Estimated Arrival Year in State: 1905 / Years in United States: 39 / Estimated Arrival Year in the United States: 1876 / Naturalized: / Religion: ME / Father's Birthplace: Kentucky / Mother's Birthplace: Indiana
||11 Sep 1918
||, Deuel, South Dakota, United States
|World War 1 Draft Registration Card |
- Robert Riley Garrison
Permanent Address Garrey, Deuel County, SD
Age 42 Date of Birth Oct 20 1875
Present Occupation Laborer for Dunn Construction Co in Clear Lake, Deuel County, SD
Signed Robert R. Garrison
||3 Feb 1920
||Gary, Deuel, South Dakota, United States 
|1920 US Federal |
- In the Robert Garrison household. Enumerated as ROBERT head male white 44 single MO-KY-IN laborer working out owns home w/o mortgage
||23 Apr 1930
||Kranzburg Twp., Codington, South Dakota, United States 
|1930 US Federal |
- in the Frank Cordell household. Enumerated as ROBERT GARRETSON laborer male white 52 divorced married at 27 MO-KY-IN Laborer General Farm
||Rauville, Codington, South Dakota, United States 
|1945 South Dakota State |
- name: R R Garrison / event: Census / event date: 1945 / event place: Rauville, Codington, South Dakota / post office: Watertown,, South Dakota / gender: Male
age: 69 / marital status: Unknown / race: White / birthplace: Missouri / estimated birth year: 1876 / years in united states: 69
||12 May 1967
||Watertown, Codington, South Dakota, United States
- Watertown Public Opinion ~ Saturday, May 13, 1967 ~ page 7
R. B. Garrison Dies At 91; Rites Tuesday
Riley Robert (Bob) Garrison, 91, died here Friday evening at a Watertown hospital. Mr. Garrison lived in Rauville Township.
Services will be Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. in the Shaw-Messer Chapel. The Rev. E. H. Jarman of the First Methodist Church will officiate.
Burial will be at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Shaw-Messer Chapel from 2-5:30 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Monday and after 9 a.m. on Tuesday.
Mr. Garrison was born Oct. 20, 1875 in Scotland County, Mo., the son of Lewis Fidel and Nancy Jane (Rogers) Garrison
He came to South Dakota in 1906 and for many years lived in the Gary and Clear Lake vicinity. In 1928 he came to Codington County and first worked on Highway 20 as a construction laborer.
For the last 28 years he has lived with the Hiko D. Henrichs family in Rauville township.
He was a member of the Methodist Church.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers. He has no surviving relatives.
Robert Garrison: Social Security Death Index (SSDI) Death Record
Name: Robert Garrison
Date of Birth: Wednesday October 20, 1875
Date of Death: Monday May 15, 1967
Est. Age at death: 91 years, 6 months, 25 days
Last known residence: City: Watertown; Appleby; Foley; Grover; Kampeska; Pelican; Rauville; Waverly
County: Codington State: South Dakota ZIP Code: 57201
Social Security details:
State of Issue: South Dakota Number: 504-36-3669
||16 May 1967
||Mount Hope Cemetery, Watertown, Codington, South Dakota, United States
||7 Sep 2011 |
||Lewis Fidel GARRISON, b. 24 Dec 1846, , , Kentucky, United States , d. 13 Sep 1911, , Alfalfa, Oklahoma, United States |
||Nancy Jane RODGERS, b. 17 Aug 1850, , Jennings, Indiana, United States , d. 7 Sep 1921, , Alfalfa, Oklahoma, United States |
||29 Nov 1869
||, Scotland, Missouri, United States
- [S488] MO, Scotland - 1880 - US Census, Missouri, Scotland County, (Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C. Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah FHL 1254736 - Scotland Co. (part: beginning-ED 88, sheet 12) FHL 1254737 - Scotland Co. (ED 88, sheet 13-end)), Mt. Pleasant Twp., ED# 88, Page 12, Dwell/Family# 108/110 , Lewis Garrison household (Reliability: 3).
- [S767] FamilySearch.org, South Dakota State Census, 1915, Robert Garrison entry (Reliability: 3).
- [S764] SD, Deuel - 1920- US Census, South Dakota, Deuel County, (Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C. Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah,), Gary; ED 127; Sheet 5B; Dwelling/Family 13/14; Robert Garrison household. (Reliability: 3).
- [S765] SD, Codington - 1930- US Census, South Dakota, Codington County, (Microfilm of original records in the National Archives, Washington, D.C. Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah,), Kranzburg Twp.: ED 15-11; Sheet 5B; Dwell/Family 88/88; Frank Cordell household (Reliability: 3).
- [S767] FamilySearch.org, South Dakota State Census, 1945; R. Garrison entry (Reliability: 3).